Friday, April 18, 2014

INTERVIEW OF DURJOY DATTA

Durjoy Datta has been the most loved romantic author in India. Fans, mostly girls, thronged for his autographs and click selfie`s with him, when we visited Kolkata at the brand new Starmark, Quest Mall. Here is an exclusive Interview of Durjoy Datta.  


Q.1. Your fans are curious about your next book. Tell us something about it?

Durjoy Datta: - I think it`s too early to talk about it but half of it is set here in Kolkata and the rest half is set in Bombay where I am currently living. It`s coming out in June.


Q.2. Recently, authors from other genres like Ravi Subramanian, Amish and Ashwin Sanghi are become very popular among Indian readers. So, do you think this will demean the popularity of romantic books?

Durjoy Datta: - I don`t think so. It`s just that other authors have started creating their own niche`s as well. Previously no one used to read corporate thrillers or mythological books. It`s not that they are eating into each other`s profile. They have their own audience.

SPOT THE GUY !! 
Q.3. Have you read the books by Ravi Subramanian and Amish?

Durjoy Datta: - Yes, I have read first two books of Ravi and the first of part of the trilogy of Amish and they are good writers.

Q.4. Nowadays, ever other author is penning down his/her love stories and 95% of them are a piece of crap. So, what are your views about those book.

Durjoy Datta : - It depends which side I am in.   

Q.5. We have seen you writing Veera and Sadda Haq. So, are you moving from books to serials?

Durjoy Datta: - No, I am not. Books is something I will be doing for rest of my life. I write serials because I thought it would be fun and it is fun and that`s why I do it.

Q.6. Will you keep writing for serials?

Durjoy Datta : - I might, I might not. Right now, it`s fun so I am doing it. If it`s not fun, I will stop writing.

Q. 7. How has been the experience writing for Sadda Haq?

Durjoy Datta : -Sadda Haq has been an entirely new field. They are an entirely different medium. Like, you write a book and you get a response and here the thing is you are being judged every week. Every Thursday, people are reacting and you have to change the story, according to that.

Q. 8. So, what do you think is better?

Durjoy Datta: - Of course, books.
INTERVIEW OF DURJOY DUTTA, QUEST MALL

Q. 9. You have worked with Sumrit Shahi in Sadda Haq and with Nikita Singh for your books. So, how easy as well as difficult it is to work with a co-author for a project?

Durjoy Datta: - Previously, it used to be easier. No, I cannot write books with a co-author. For television, it`s different. It`s good that you are working with someone before it gets short and goes on television. Television is a lot more expensive medium than books.


Q. 10. You co-author Nikita Singh has penned some books. So, what are your views on her?

Durjoy Datta: - She is a good writer and that`s why I had started writing with her.

Q. 11. What is your message for our readers?

Durjoy Datta: - I think you should start reading a lot even if is just newspaper, you should just read otherwise the country is going to the dogs, so reading is very important in life.   

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR DURJOY, LEAVE YOUR COMMENT !!

4 comments:

Leave a message... You will get a reply