Monday, April 21, 2014

INTERVIEW OF KASHVEE R. BARJATYA - ONE OF THE YOUNGEST AUTHOR OF THE WORLD

At 9 years of age, Kashvee R. Barjatya becomes one of the youngest published authors in the world. The book was launched by Sudha Murty and Sooraj R. Barjatya at a fun-filled event at Hamleys, Lower Parel. 

Getting published at the age of 9 is an achievement in itself. Many young authors have made a mark in English literature like the English writer, Thomas Chatterton was an 18th century child genius who was prone to fits of fantasy, solitude, and peculiar behavior even as a young boy. He began writing poetry, letters, and satirical works that were published in local journals before he was 12-years-old.  

Here is an exclusive interview of Kashvee R. Barjatya 


Q.1. Share with us your experience of penning down "LOST IN THE WOODS"?


I showed some of my poems to my father and he encouraged me to weave them together to write Lost In The Woods. I started working on the book when I was 7. It was a very exciting experience. Right from writing the poems, weaving them into an adventurous story and finally making all the amazing illustrations with Bombay Design House, I enjoyed every part of publishing my first book.

Q.2. How does it feel to get published at the age of nine? 

It feels wonderful to be one of the youngest authors in the world. I wish all those who read my book enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Q.3. Do you want to pursue writing as your career? 

Books are my best friends so yes I would love to pursue writing as my career.

Q.4. Are you penning down your second book?

Yes I am.

Q.5. Your message for our readers? 

Everyone should pursue their passion and live their dreams as I did.

1 comment:

Leave a message... You will get a reply