Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Interview of Ishita Bhown


(Ishita Bhown is a author of Best-selling novel of the ToGetHer, a wonderful women, totally down to earth took writing as her hobby, and has excelled in her very first book. A  must read and an inspirational interview for budding authors)


Q.1. Tell us something about your childhood days?

Right from childhood, I am very talkative and try to interact with any person that I meet. In the school, I was a bright student and participated in many co curricular activities. I enjoyed making friends. Friendship is my weakness and this weakness makes me stronger. While growing I realized that friends are a life support system. Friendship is the purest relationship, as friends are the people we choose and enjoy to stay with.  For me, once a friend is always a friend. I think friendship remains unaffected by time and distance, but is a feeling of care and an inexplicably strong tie of fondness. I am still in touch with many friends from childhood, and they are the people who help me to keep the “child like innocence” alive.

Q.2. what is your reaction after the response from you book ToGetHer?

The book is getting overwhelming response from the readers. Since the readers are keener to obtain female perspective about the youth generation of the country, the book catches the reader’s attention instantly. Its simple language makes them relate easily with the story. As this was my debut novel, I was apprehensive about the readership, but today when strangers congratulate me and recognize me for my work, I feel very happy about it.




Q.3. Share your experience of writing your first book? How difficult it was?

Writing has been a hobby, but while penning down the book I had not thought of getting it published. Being a college student and from family of engineers, I had no idea about the procedure to be followed. My friends encouraged me to give it a serious thought about turning the story into a novel. The support of family and friends made this a reality. There were times when I had no idea about how to get started. The firm belief and constant encouragement gave me the desired confidence and the publishers support boosted it.

Q.4. Is ToGetHer a true story or a fiction?

 Its a fiction, closer to the reality. 

Q.5. Do you want to take writing as your profession?

No, I started writing as a hobby. And I hope to continue it for the sake of my own interest, and not as a medium to earn my bread and butter.


Q.6. Are you working on your next Book?

Being a software engineer, it gets difficult to manage time between profession and my hobby. I was a bit hesitant about the acceptance of my writing, but the positive response of the readers and their affection as well as feedback is definitely motivating me for a second attempt.  I have a plot in mind, and hope to get it in the form of a good writing.

Q.7. Who is your inspiration?

My hobby of reading and the way I lived the characters in the books that I read. It motivated me to write something, which others could relate with. I wanted to touch the lives of people with literary interests. I had a dream to attach other people to my fiction and thus started blogging. The positive response of my blog boosted my confidence and inspired me to write the novel

Q.8. How difficult it was to get a publisher?

In my opinion, getting a publisher is the most difficult part of being an author. Being unaware of the publishing industry, I was totally clueless where to begin from. But thankfully, I found some helping people and did lot of internet research. I contacted many houses and patiently waited for their replies. I was fortunate to be able to get the book published and am very happy to get such acceptance and positive response from the readers.

Q.9. Who is your favorite author?

I really admire Dave Pelzer, Mitch Albom and Dan brown for the way they keep the readers bonded to their books. I have also read many Indian authors and appreciate their talent.

Q.10. What are your Hobbies?

Besides reading and writing, I am also a passionate blogger and am involved in philately. I work in a software company, and am hardly able to spare time out of office schedule. But in my leisure time, I love to interact and make new friends. I like to keep myself busy.

Q.11. Any message you would like to give to budding authors?

I would like to tell them that “have confidence, be realistic and optimistic. Never give up writing, there are people who will appreciate you and recognize your talent.”


Buy Her Book From HomeShop18

2 comments:

  1. It seems that the most difficult aspect of being a debutant novelist is finding a publisher....and those who persist like my namesake did....get to taste the success! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting a publisher for your debut novel is like going to a directors cabin and telling him to cast in his next movie..

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message... You will get a reply