Thursday, September 6, 2012

Interview of Satyapal Chandra


11 novels in less than 2 years


For Satyapal Chandra, penning novels is a difficult proposition. He is writer of a farmer’s son, hailing from a Maoist-hit district.
Meet Satyapal Chandra (24) of Malhari village under Imamganj block in Maoist-hit Gaya district. He already has 11 titles to his credit.
Chandra has focused on various issues plaguing today’s youths such as unemployment, poverty, crime, casteism and corruption among others in his works. Some of his novels have a touch of suspense and romance too.
 “After finishing secondary education under the Jharkhand Academic Council, he completed my Plus Two from Anugrah Memorial College, Gaya, before graduating in political science from Delhi University in 2011.”
In April 2011, his first novel, The Most Eligible Bachelor, was published by Mahavir Publishers. Since then, he has written 11 novels. Of them, eight have been published. The rest are in the press.




More than 10,000 copies of The Most Eligible Bachelor have already been sold. Chandra added that his other novels have also received good response.
“The Most Eligible Bachelor is about terrorism, love and the power of youth. My second novel, Golden Angel and the Darkness of Midnight, is a mystery novel. Diamond Book has signed me on for this novel that would have six parts. My Life is for You and For Your Beautiful Dreams (co-authored with Nazia Tasneem) are romantic novels,” Chandra said.
His other novels include An Innocent Traitor focusing (on crime, corruption and problems of youths), Dreams Revenge and Confession (deals with the urban culture and illicit relationships), A Crazy Careless Life (based on five youths’ struggle with unemployment, poverty, casteism, corruption and other social evils in Bihar) and Women’s Desire (reflects break-ups in marital life).
The young author said he has undergone different ups and downs in life that reflect in his novels. “While some other writers concentrate on romantic novels, I have opted different themes,” he said.
Quizzed on his writing ambition, Chandra said he wants to become a renowned writer, reflecting social evils in his writings.

 Read his Interview :-

Q.1. Tell us something about your childhood days?

 I belong to a very remote place of Bihar which is still undeveloped with not any privilege. My childhood was so tough and i have passed thought lots of ups and downs in my life. As belonging to a background where most of the people are illiterate, it becomes really very tough to full fill my dreams and ambition but i always keep my never ending spirit up.


Q.2. what is your reaction after the response you get from you books?

It was over whelming, it made me happy that readers are liking my work because it was not a love story book and people appreciated me to write on this decent theme. Later i decided to write more books.

Q.3. Share your experience of writing your first book? How difficult it was?

Look I was a quite Hindi medium student till class tenth, you can better say till class twelve, so it was little tough but somehow I could manage because that time i was in Delhi and I became familiar with English. Another main difficulty was finding publisher. My first book was rejected by almost every big publication.

Q.4. Tell us something about your upcoming books and movies?

Eight novels in market, three are in press and i am working on few movies as Co director, screenwriter and lyricist.

Q.5. Who is your inspiration?

India is still a country where lots of people are not able to manage a normal life and they are part of our society. Sometime it makes us sad that we are still not able to provide them basic amenities. No matter how high is our GDP, a major part of this country is still suffering from poverty, unemployment, communalism, racism and these all inspire me to write some books.

Q.6. Don`t you think young author`s only write a lot of Love stories?

I don’t like to comment about what another young author write, but I always opted writing on decent theme. My all novels are based on different theme.

Q.7. which is your favorite book?

My favorite book is THE WHITE TIGER by Aravind Adiga sir.

Q.8. is writing books your hobby or profession?
It is still a hobby; I don’t want to make it professionalism.

Q.9. Who is your favorite author?

Aravind Adiga and Sir Salman Rushdie

Q.10. what are your Hobbies other than?

I love helping people; I am so social in nature. I love travelling also a lot.

Q.11. any message you would like to give to budding authors?

Write something which brings changes in society also. You can be motivational force to many people.


If you Liked this article then please leave a comment

4 comments:

  1. Good to know that there are still people who write about something other sure shot "bestseller" love stories!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then, you know very few authors who write other than love stories

      Delete
  2. Great post Kalicharan, highly inspired to know about Satyapal. I was really not aware about him...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alok !! He is one of the lesser known authors of India..

      Delete

Leave a message... You will get a reply