Sunday, September 9, 2012

Interview of Aniesha Brahma (Author of the Book, The Secret Proposals: Life Begins from here.)


Face 2 Face with Aniesha Brahma (Author of the Book, The Secret Proposals: Life Begins from here.)



Q.1. Tell us something about your childhood days?

I grew up playing in the streets, inventing games and reading books. It helped that I had siblings, so I was never alone. I always had an overactive imagination, which kept me entertained, when I got bored. I went to a day school (Dolna), so for the most part of the day, I was in school. My childhood days were very colorful as I spent most of it dreaming about magical lands and fairy tales.
 





Q.2. What is your reaction after the response from you book  The Secret Proposal: Life Begins from Here till now ?

Most people don't know about the book yet, because it is yet to come to the bookstores. It has been released in the online stores, and up till now, it has got pretty good response. It is overwhelming to think my book is being bought and being read by so many people. Those who've read it, have enjoyed the story and have sent in positive feedback. That always feels nice to hear.
 
Q.3. Share your experience of writing your first book? How difficult it was?

I have been writing since the age of six. The Secret Proposal is the first of my books to get published. It wasn't difficult to write, because as I said, I have been writing from a very young age and I love writing. The ideas would come to me naturally, and I would sit and write...
 
 



Q.4 .Tell us something about your college Days?

I directly went to university (JU), so I've been at the same place for the last four years. My undergraduate years in JU were filled with fun, laughter, and studying...it was one of the best times of my life. The campus itself can enchant a person...and hanging out with friends is something I've never outgrown. 
 

Q.5. Tell us something about your association with TTIS?

I am an ex-student of Dolna Day School. When I was in school I used to be a reporter for TTIS. I remember writing poems for the newspaper. And years later, I am being interviewed by a reporter from that very paper!!

Q.6. How difficult is to manage studies and writing a Book?

Since I started writing the book in December (which is my month off from university), I didn't have a problem. If you have a separate time to write, and to study, it helps. Though sometimes, we tend to ignore one for the other. In my case, I sometimes end up ignoring studies...but mostly, I don't have a problem multi-tasking. 
 

Q.7. How many days you took to complete the book?

You know, my publisher had asked me the same question! Three months. I remember the exact date as well. From the 12th December 2011 to the 14th March 2012.
 

Q.8.Tell us something about your book? 

It is an unconventional love story, where two childhood friends find themselves in a complicated situations, when one one puts forward a proposal, the other cannot refuse!
 

Q.9. Is your book a true story or a fiction?

It is purely fiction! But like any other author, I've drawn some incidents from personal experiences. 
 

Q.10. Do you want to take writing as your profession? 

Of course. I would love to do that! 
 



Q.11. Are you working on your next Book?

I have a few ideas for the next book. But the last year of Masters is rather hectic, so might be a while before I begin it for good.

Q.12. Who is your inspiration?

My mother. She is my rock, always has been. Other than her, Natasha Beddingfield, Taylor Swift, Poets of the fall. 
 

Q.13. How difficult it was to get a publisher?

I'd mailed a lot of publishing houses, but General Press replied back almost immediately. So it wasn't that difficult. It was nice to find people who actually believed in me, in my work. 
 

Q.14. Who is your favorite author?

Enid Blyton, J.K. Rowling, Ruskin Bond, L.M. Montgomery, Sukumar Ray, Shankar. 
 

Q.15. What are your Hobbies?

Writing, listening to songs, making movies in windows movie maker, blogging....list goes on. 
 

Q.16. Any message you would like to give to budding authors?

 Write and write everyday :) All of us have a story to tell, you just need to find out yours. Good luck to all of you.



If you liked this interview then please leave a comment 

2 comments:

  1. An interview that can cheer up any budding author instantly...especially a TTIS Tiger! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course. She is an inspiration to all TTIS tigers.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message... You will get a reply