Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Interview of Purba Chakraborty

Purba Ckakraborty is the author of the book Walking in the streets of love and destiny . 


Book Summary of Walking in the Street of Love & Destiny


For a girl, who is more important?
The guy who taught her to love or the guy who taught her to dream?
In today's modern world, Prachi is too lucky to get love in the two purest forms- Arvind, her childhood sweetheart and Sahil, her magician. Both loved her beyond boundaries and sacrificed their every happiness just to see her smiling but should love be always in limits? Does Prachis life really become both beautiful and ugly when destiny brings two jewels in her life?
This is a story of Arvind, Prachi and Sahil and how love and destiny shuffles their pathsdo they meet in the streets of love and destiny or their paths get separated forever?


Interview 


Q.1. Share your memorable moments while penning `Walking in the streets of love and destiny`?

A.1. Well there are a lot of memorable moments while penning "Walking in the streets of love and destiny". First of all since I am a lazy bug, I used to laze around for days after finishing 2-3 chapters and one my friend used to nag me so much telling that the world will destroy in December 2012 and I would be writing even then; his repeated nagging worked as the driving force and I finally completed it. Another memorable moment was when I decided to change the plot of my novel after writing six chapters. At first I was writing the story of a romantic couple facing a long distance relationship but then I abruptly changed the plot of it to a triangle love story where the girl is torn between her life-partner and soul-mate. The reaction of my friends at the changed plot was too memorable. I still remember their shocking and astonishing faces.




Q.2. If your book is adopted as a film, who would like to play as the main characters?

A.2.Wow...I am a complete movie buff and this question of yours have already put a smile on my face. If it is adopted as a film (by god's grace someday) , I would like Priyanka Chopra to play the role of the protagonist of my novel, Prachi, Ranbir Kapoor to play the role of Sahil and perhaps Shahid Kapoor would be cool in the role of Arvind.

Q.3. What was the first novel that you had read? What kind of books are there on your bookshelf? Who is your all time favorite author?

A.3. The first novel I remember reading during class eight was "Three men in a boat" by Jerome K Jerome as it was included in my academic syllabus. Prior to that, short stories and poetries generally caught my interest.
       My book shelf is a mixed population of books starting from Paulo Coelho's inspirational novels to Chetan Bhagat collection to the romantic novels of Nicholas Sparks and Cecelia Ahern. It also comprises the entire mystery collection of Satyajit Ray, the series of Sherlock Holmes and anthology of short stories by Rabindranath Tagore. Not to miss, it also comprises the various contemporary novels penned down by Indian authors in recent times.
      My all time favourite author is Rabindranath Tagore and Paulo Coelho.



Q.4. Finding a publisher for a debut novel is not easy, how did you deal with it?

A.4 True! That's the most difficult part for a writer to find a publisher and to judge whether he is the perfect publisher for your book. However I mailed some publishers after doing some web research and got a call from the Diamond Books within 5 days. I just trusted my instincts and grabbed the first opportunity.


Q.5. Are you willing to take writing as your core profession? 

A.5 Not right now. I would love to keep writing as my endearing hobby and my heart-healing passion as long as my studies are there in the track. Later may be...if it is written in my destiny!

Q.6. Tell us something about Purba? How are you as an individual? How were your childhood days?

A.6 Purba is a social butterfly. I am fun loving, a big dreamer, love my friends and their company, believe in doing something productive everyday and to live each day as it is your last.
    Strangely I was a little introvert sort of girl in my childhood, very quiet and obedient to all and not so much naughty. As I grew up, I turned exactly the opposite. However one thing remained exactly the same and that is my passion for reading and writing.

Q.7. I guess you are pondering over your next novel, if yes , then us what it would be?

A.7 Yes, I have started writing my 2nd novel and currently pondering over my 3rd novel too. Well after writing a romantic tragedy, I am currently writing a romantic comedy for teenagers based on social networking. My 3rd novel has Alzheimer's Disease as the core subject.



Q.8. The credit for your success at this early age goes to?

A.8 My Dad for teaching me to trust my instincts and for telling me to never ignore the call of your heart.

Q.9. What are your passion apart from writing?

A.9 Apart from writing, I have a terrific passion for singing and composing music. I write my own lyrics, compose my own music and make my own song. I dream to be a successful self-composing singer some day.

Q.10. Is everything in your book just fiction or derived from any real life event?

A.10. A lot of incidents are derived from my own life but the story is a complete work of fiction.

Q.11. Your message for our readers.

A.11. Listen to the call of your heart, follow your dreams and keep smiling! Life is short, live each day as if it is your last without any regrets. Love and be loved!


If you liked this Interview, leave a comment for Purba 




3 comments:

  1. An awesum writer..a true inspiration i must say.She has done a very good job..keep writing,we are waiting for your next novels.And would love to here a self composed song from you :) :) ..best wishes.God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved it..its awesum..:)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message... You will get a reply