Friday, October 5, 2012

In Conversation with Rochak Bhagnagar (Author of "Love happens only once, rest is just life")

Q.1. Tell us something about your childhood days?

Ans :  From my childhood only, I was an ardent reader. From what I can remember, I have lived my ‘bachpan’ in the era of comics. I used to read Chacha Chaudhry, Billu and Pinki comics. Famous Five, Hardy Boys and Harry Potter series were my all time favorite too.




Q.2. Share your memories while penning down your book `Love happens only once, rest is just life`?

Ans: I think two things have influenced me to write. Firstly, as a child I was an ardent reader. I was writing the novel since the last one year, but I did not have any specific desire of getting into the writing business. When my friends were busy chatting and bunking lectures to watch a movie, I was penning my novel. I just wrote the incidents that came to my mind randomly. I got my inspirations from everything around me, all the people around me, almost everything I saw and observed. I apprehended everything around me and let my pen run loose. And finally the day came when it came into the market and it felt like I have achieved everything in life which was bigger than any achievement.



Q.3. How has life changed after your success ?

Ans: It is always exciting to see your name as an author on a book and your work being read by the world. Isn’t it? So the feeling was too good, holding my book in my hand. The happiness could be compared to that of a mother holding her new born baby! I do get a lot of mails from eager readers from across the country. My friends treat me like a mini celebrity!


Q.4. Finding a published for a debut novel is indeed a tough job? How did you deal with it?

Ans : Being a debutant writer, I was a bit hesitant about the acceptance of my writing. But, I actually enjoyed the experience of penning the novel.  It took me over six to eight months to get a publisher. But it’s relatively easy now with too many publishing agencies cropping up in India.


Q.5. Who is your inspiration?


Ans: My parents. My mom and dad, for their never ending love and instilling in me the confidence that I could achieve anything I wanted. The strength and courage they provided me throughout my growing days have led me to become the person I am today

Q.6. Are you working on your next book?

Ans: Yes. I am working on my second one, a sequel to ‘Love happens only once’. Let’s hope for the best!

Q.7. What kind of books do you generally read? Who is your all time favorite author?

Ans: Well taking up the name of any one particular author is a bit difficult. But, I would never hesitate picking up books by Dan Brown.

Q.8. Is your book a True story or a Fiction?

Ans: Now that’s a tough question! Well its part true, part fiction.



Q.9. Well, how do you deal with critics?

 Ans: It is always good to know what people think about your work. If they don’t have an opinion, then that means you are not being noticed. I try to address each critic in the best manner possible. Fortunately though, most of the opinions on the book have been positive. Of course, tastes vary and not everybody likes the same thing. People have different likes and dislikes. Some may like it or some might think I have wasted my and their time.

Q.10. Any message for our readers? 


Ans: Journey of life started with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The goal is to fill the bag of experience before the bag of luck gets empty. Get down and start writing. And never try to write something that does not come from your heart. Don’t care about the future, live your present to the fullest.

Buy this book from flipkart :-



3 comments:

  1. I rlly wntd 2 tak an intrvw of Rochak Bhatnagar!... n Itz rlly wndrful 2 see dt u hv alrdy tkn it! thnxxx a loaad!!!! ... m rlly xcitd 2 see dz intrvw in TTIS... Xcellent job buddy! kep it up! 1nce again thnx a tonn!! :) (Y)- kausambi Biswas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this man stole my work. he pasted seven pages of text from here: https://www.redbubble.com/people/pauldrobertson/writing/839583-the-first-sex-scene-from-my-novel. I wrote and posted this nine years ago.The page itself offers this information to anyone who cares to read it. this fraud, this coward, has become one of the big sellers on goodreads. the book's very fulcrum is the scene that i wrote.

      the only thing that he changed was the names.

      a coward. a fraud. a liar.

      a failure.

      and a THIEF.

      Delete

Leave a message... You will get a reply